Job Outside Maintenance / Water Systems
Location Lake Wales
Hours 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Salary $12.00 per hour
This job will involve the operation of equipment associated with water distribution systems. Essential duties and responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- assists in inspecting and/or replacing water distribution systems at frequent intervals to insure that all aspects of the systems are functioning properly
- assists in maintaining a variety of records relating to inspections, maintenance activity, water supply, consumption, etc.
- assists in determining the locations of gas, telephone, power, television, etc. from the appropriate sources prior to excavation
- assists in responding to complaints, evaluating the situation, and explaining findings to the supervisor
- installing and repairing irrigation systems
- assists in insuring the proper maintenance of equipment and tools by cleaning and checking equipment and tools prior to and following use, and making minor adjustments as necessary
- driving trucks of various sizes and weights in the loading, hauling, and unloading of various water distribution pipes and fittings
- assists in performing routine inspection and preventative maintenance on assigned equipment and refers defects or needed repairs to the supervisor
- uses motorized vehicles and equipment including dump trucks, pickup trucks, utility trucks, tamper, plate compactor, saws, pumps, compressors, generators, common hand and power tools, shovels, wrenches, detection devices, mobile radios, ditch witches, etc.
Physical demands include (but are not limited to):
- extensive use of hands and fingers in making repairs and doing routine tasks
- reaching, walking, sitting, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling
- job will require the ability to talk, hear, and smell
- some lifting (up to 25 lbs) may be required
- specific vision abilities needed are close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
The work environment for this job is routinely in outside weather conditions. Employees frequently work near moving mechanical parts and are frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and vibration. Will occasionally be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. Noise level is often loud.