Job Facilities Custodian
Category Temporary, Part-Time
Location Lake Wales
Days Friday – Sunday
Hours 6:30 AM – 3:30 PM
Salary $12.00 per hour
Local employer seeking part-time custodian for public facilities and event venues. Duties will include but are not limited to:
- trash collection from all outdoor bins
- check, clean, and stock all restrooms as dictated by schedule or as-needed
- evening security sweeps and locking down of various venues on the property
- setting up / taking down signs for events
- outdoor cleaning (vacuuming walkways, removing litter, etc.) as needed
- maintain interior and exterior of buildings and venues (sweeping, mopping, cleaning windows, dusting, trash collection, etc.)
- remaining visible and available to assist visitors with questions or problems
- monitor cleanliness and presentation of all public facilities
- perform event set up / take down as directed
- handle facilities emergencies when needed (training provided)
- evening activation of security systems, locking down facilities, etc.
- monitoring the condition of equipment, noting any issues or damage and reporting it to superiors as instructed
- any other minor tasks necessary to the day’s operation
- Continuous communication with staff, volunteers, and visitors
- Occasional varied schedule to assist with events or programs
- Some exposure to chemicals associated with cleaning and parts maintenance
- Frequent carrying and lifting 60 lbs.
- Outdoor work in both summer and winter climates
- Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, and repetitive arm motions.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to lift at least 60 lbs.
- Must be able to climb ladders, walk on roofs, etc.
- Must be able to operate standard custodial equipment including ladders, step-stools, hand carts, vacuum cleaners, floor buffers, etc.
- Must have the endurance and strength to keep up with custodial / janitorial work both indoors and outdoors during assigned shift
- Must be dependable with work attendance
- Must have dependable transportation
- Must have excellent internal and external customer service skills
- Must be a good communicator, be interpersonal, and have problem-solving skills
- Must be detail oriented
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years experience in facility maintenance work
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience