Job Quality Control Inspector
Category Full-time (2nd shift)
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB: Responsible for performing inspection and testing duties to ensure that produced and/or finished products fulfill all customer specifications and quality requirements.
Molding Quality Control Inspector: Ensures a quality product is delivered to the Finishing area
Finishing Quality Control Inspector: Ensures a quality product is delivered to the consumer/customer
- Assures a minimum 40 hour week schedule as defined by the Quality Control Department
- Evaluates in-process production and/or finished products by confirming specifications using the bill of material; conducting visual and measurement tests; approve or reject and return unacceptable products; communicate required adjustments and/or corrections to the production or finishing lead and/or managers.
- Continual promotion of performance improvement and quality assurance programs
- Understand, evaluate and execute quality tests and procedures efficiently and effectively
- Define quality measures in conjunction with working staff; monitor performance through frequency testing
- Documents inspection results by completing the required reports; maintain documentation of the first part inspection, frequency inspection and the last part inspection on the Quality Control inspection form
- Communicate findings daily to the Quality Control Manager through the QC scrap report and the QC inspection report
- Gather and analyze data against defined parameters i.e. impact testing, drawings and/or manufacturing specification sheets
- Communicate production problems immediately with the Quality Control Manager, Plant Manager and Floor Supervisor/Lead to ensure a quick response to quality issues in production; Inform the Floor Supervisor/Lead to remove the mold from the machine after three (3) unsuccessful attempts to remedy the quality issue and immediately notify the Quality Control Manager and Plant Manager of the occurrence
- The designated QC Inspector will perform scale verification on a weekly basis and report the findings on the appropriate form; if a scale fails verification, the Quality Control Manager will be notified immediately
- The Finishing QC Inspection will monitor all finishing areas to verify the products are being finished correctly according to the manufacturing specification sheets and/or the products print; the Finishing QC Inspector will create any manufacturing specification sheets that are not created and submit them to the Quality Control Manager for release into the quality system
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by following Safety Standards and Guidelines; complying with all legal regulations
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading technical publications, etc.
- Performs other related duties as requested or assigned by the immediate supervisor/manager and/or management
- Assures at least 40 hours per work week
- Continuous communication with employees, owners, officers, management team
- Use of independent good judgment when troubleshooting problems or determining needs
- Frequent use of basic math skills
- Occasional stooping, bending, crouching, grasping, reaching or light lifting (up to 35 lbs), pushing or pulling; Continual or prolonged periods of standing, sitting, or walking.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and management
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a team oriented attitude
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent problem solving capabilities; detail oriented
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and urgencies dictated by the work environment
- Flexible, organized and manages time very efficiently; ability to multi-task in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as BOM’s, (Bill of Materials) safety manuals, procedure manuals, etc.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred; plus
- Previous knowledge and/or experience in a manufacturing environment; Previous exposure to Manufacturing Methods and Procedures preferred; Previous exposure to Quality Assurance Practices and Principles is a plus
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents in the English language required; Bi-lingual skills are a plus