Job Production Manager
Salary Salaried position
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB: Responsible for continually enhancing the overall operational efficiencies and high standards of manufacturing, ensuring only the highest quality of products are being delivered.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Planning and scheduling production activities and supervising the production process.
- Ensuring the effective management of production lines of an organization.
- Making sure the good quality production of products on time.
- Ensuring maintenance of cost effective and high-standard production.
- Estimating production costs and determining the high quality standards.
- Monitoring the production practices and setting the schedules as required.
- Taking decision regarding the operating unit’s layout, size and range of service or product to deliver and design and arrangement of work processes.
- Selecting and maintaining equipment, supervising product standards and enforcing quality-control programs.
- Working with managers effectively to execute the policies and goals of the organization.
- Keeping abreast of health and safety strategies and assuring associates are following them.
- Liaising with different departments such as suppliers, managers and so on to prevent any probable delay.
- Supervising and inspiring team of workers and reviewing the work performance of associates.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in engineering, business management or logistics.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States and must provide documentation upon application for e-verification with the Department of Homeland Security
- Recent manufacturing experience is a MUST.
- Experience in plastics preferred but not required.
- Must have a good command of the English language, both written and spoken; must be Bi-Lingual.
- Ability to behave decisively.
- Ability to grasp complex concepts easily.
- Pay attention to minute detail.
- Excellent planning, negotiating, and organizing skills.
- Ability to train and develop others.
- Ability to motivate co-workers, colleagues and others.
- Patient and self-confidence.
- Ability to operate in a systematic and logical manner.
- Good judgment.
- Performs other related duties as requested or assigned by supervisor and/or management
- Assures at least 40 hours per work week as defined by shift schedule.
- Continuous communication with employees, owners, officers, management team.
- Use of independent good judgment when troubleshooting problems or determining needs.
- Frequent use of basic math skills.