Job: Production Lead
Location: Lake Wales, FL.
Salary: $13 per hour
Day Shift: Monday 11:00am – 5:00pm, Tuesday – Thursday 5:00am – 5:00pm
Night Shift: Monday – Wednesday 5:00pm – 5:00am, Thursday 5:00pm – 11:00pm
- Effectively plans and implements work for assigned production of plastic parts ensuring parts and/or materials are available for the associate to perform the work.
- Trains all new and existing machine operators and/or secondary finishing associates and supervises their regular activities for effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ensures and follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and management
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a team oriented attitude
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team effectively
- Ability to communicate effectively; excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent problem solving capabilities; detail oriented
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and urgencies dictated by the work environment
- Flexible, organized and manages time very efficiently; ability to multi-task in a production environment
- Must be familiar with basic machine functions to be able to perform the tasks effectively
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and documents, safety manuals, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Must be willing to accept and receive frequent supervision and assistance with the training and front-line supervision of associates
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Must be familiar with and have the ability to use basic hand held manual and/or power tools such as drills, mallet, screwdrivers, air gun, router, etc.
- Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment for prolonged periods of time of extreme heat and/or cold
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred; plus
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment with exposure to production planning, training and supervisory experience and inventory control is preferred; plus
- MUST BE BI-LINGUAL!!
- Assures a minimum 40-hour week schedule as defined by each shift’s schedule
- Responsible for conducting safety sessions with production team at the start of each shift
- Responsible for orienting new associates of the facility layout identifying areas such as: break rooms, restrooms, stockroom, work areas, smoking areas, etc.
- Evaluates and trains all new and existing associates in their area of responsibility; determines each associate skill gaps, develops and maintains a skill matrix for each associate; documents all training providing updates to the plant management staff which includes an update on new associates every 30 days until completion of the standard 90-day introductory period
- Training will encompass the following areas:
- Safety Requirements / Personal Protective Equipment (Training and Distribution)
- Mold change-outs and related inspection procedures
- All finishing equipment and/or tools
- Process Set-Up
- Operator Maintenance
- Quality standards/equipment
- Maintains good attendance and punctuality for start of each shift and breaks to comply with production schedule
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations
- Detects and reports defective materials or questionable mechanical conditions of the machinery and/or equipment to the plant management staff and/or maintenance
- Adheres to all general safety rules and the established DPI Safe Workplace Practices at all times while in the designated production and finishing areas as well as surrounding areas of the entire facility
- Performs other related duties as requested or assigned by supervisor and/or management
- Assures at least 40 hours per work week as defined by shift schedule
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and/or memorandums, instruction manuals and safety manuals, in English
- Continuous communication with employees, owners, officers, management team
- Use of independent good judgment when troubleshooting problems or determining needs
- Frequent use of basic math skills
- Continual stooping, bending, crouching, grasping, climbing, reaching or light lifting (up to 50 lbs), pushing or pulling (up to 150 lbs.); Continual or prolonged periods of standing, sitting, or walking; Prolonged periods of exposure to extreme heat and/or cold in the manufacturing environment