Job Personal Lines Account Manager (Insurance)
Location Lakeland area
Salary $30,000 – $40,000 annually, based on qualifications
This position reports to president and management staff. Personal Lines Account Manager will aid Sales Executives, Account Executives, and clients with service needs and making changes to existing accounts. Work environment is customer-based, and requires extensive phone usage and personal interaction with peers and clients.
- Provides technical support in analyzing client needs, coverage forms, and quotations.
- Schedules and conducts appointments with clients as requested.
- Completes and submits applications in accordance with agency guidelines.
- Orders and issues binders, certificates, policies, endorsements, and other related items; forward items to client with appropriate correspondence.
- Evaluate direct or agency billing and invoice appropriately
- Word processing of insurance summaries, schedules, proposals, etc. as needed
- Process renewals according to agency procedures
- Review, verify, and facilitate corrections of audits between client and carrier
- Verify policy change information and facilitate correction when needed
- Manage account retention; follow up on and process cancellation requests
- Assist clients in submitting claims
- Identify exposure to loss and recommend appropriate coverage (in accordance with agency guidelines)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- College education with minimum 3 years experience in insurance industry OR 7 years experience in insurance industry (without college) preferred
- Property, Casualty Agents License
- Knowledge of insurance products, usages, and markets
- Knowledge of insurance rating and underwriting procedures
- Familiarity with computer and word processing programs (preferred knowledge of Applied Systems/TAM)
- Ability to create and maintain cordial and effective relationships with clients
- Ability to create and understand both written and oral communication effectively